Church of St. Elias at the top of Elijah hill (Elijah’s head) in the village of Mesari, north of the main road Trebinje – Mostar. Situated on the edge of the Popovo field, 20 km west of Trebinje. Church of St. Elijah the trichonchos, which has been repeatedly repaired. The last time, according to the inscription on the architrave beam, it was in 1897. This church has a pre-Romanesque style character, and is considered to be probably the original church was built in the period from September to November period. One of the oldest buildings in Herzegovina.
Church of St. Elijah with prehistoric grave mounds (tumulus) and necropolis with tombstones in Mesari declared a national monument in 2008.